Well it seems that yet another christmas is over! The time spent leading up to christmas is crazy then it seems that its all gone with a few pieces of ripped wrapping paper tossed on the floor and empty dinner plates, with a few uneaten brussel sprouts. Which FYI are just wrong !
But this christmas has been lovely, which I can only thank my family. Although I was consumed with the christmas spirit like always, elements of sadness always seem to creep back in and remind me of the reality of the past couple of years of my life !!! Sharing stories of my mums infamous xmas dinner, and how she would put the turkey on at ridiculous o'clock put still manage to dry it out, and how one year she trashed the house and claimed we were burgled just to tease us, are always welcome but a a great reminder of the things I miss !!!
But these memories, as painful as they are sometimes, remind me of the life that I have lived, and the events that have moulded me to me!! So when I think of them I just let myself fall into these memories and be glad that I have so many happy ones !!
So for now the holidays are long gone, but I do believe the drinking is still very much on the cards....... :)
Love xxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment